Search This Blog

Friday 26 April 2013

Pectoral Sandpiper ....Holywell pond

The lack of an internet connection for a few days  has made me realise just how much I use it , but sorted with the help of a brilliant team from PLUSNET.
Checking the local patch of late when I could and added ,  White Wagtail, Wheatear and Yellow Wagatil , the report of Pectoral Sandpiper in the Holywell area but I could not get up till Monday ,checked the small pool and the shore from the public hide  but no sign a pair of GCG and about 15 Pochards viewed from the east hide some waders drifted in and headed down to the shore I could see Redshank and Dunlin but thought it worth checking so off I went back to the public hie to find the Pectoral in with them it only stayed about 5mins or so before they all set off again, a nice bird to add to the local list.
 Digiscoped images of the Pectoral Sandpiper


No comments: