Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Blyth River

Not been out much of late a couple of recent sea watch's didn't produce the goods so it can be several hours spent with little reward, a message of two Spotted Redshanks and several Greenshank  saw me along theriver Blyth the next day could only find one of each although I did not have time to check the high tide roost , some Knot where the closest birds to me as the tide came in and it does very quickly , so tried a few digi shots also a Bar Tailed Godwit  before everything moved over to the other side where I had three Ruff  last week, I counted well over two hundred Curlew most just by the west jetty ,an Adult Herring Gull with a white colour ring was to far away for a shot and had gone by the time I got nearer. It's well worth a look along  I prefer the bike as you can easily go right along to the bridges and back with ease.
 I missed the tide at Monkey's Island having come along from the west first
 Spotted Redshank too far and moving too fast for a pic
 Jet black oily looking mud birds always seem to feed in the same areas here
 only the one feeding here but several on the spit.

No comments: