Search This Blog

Sunday 29 July 2012

Common Swift CCTV

Well its coming to that time of year where the Swifts nesting in the loft will soon be leaving the site ,I put the camera on this evening and I thought I can't tell which is adult and which is the juvenile then I realised they are both adults ,the juvenile can't have left already surely but a movement at the entrance caught my eye. The juvenile finally comes back into the nest after watching out into the night it looks like it can't wait to get out into the sky above , it returns to the entrance and seems to get chastised by the adults as they scream at it "get back in" this week I found the tiny corpse of the other youngster that either fell out or was pushed out as the adults  left. I shall miss them again as it seems a long spell till they return !!!!!

No comments: