Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Widdrington Area

A few days ago I had a walk around the old brickworks site and tip near Widdrington , Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, Blackcaps, a couple of Garden Warblers, Sedge & Whitethroat. Butterflies Small Copper Common Blue Wall , a very drab Butterfly lifted in front of me darted around and disappeared leaving me with no idea as to what it was  ,  with many Northern Marsh  Orchids to feed on although I have seen only a couple of Butterflies visit Orchids . The old brickworks site has many garden escapes its probably guys parking for work and dumping that bit of garden waste out as well , I don't know anything of the brickworks but there is a fairly new footbridge over the main rail line so it must of employed a good few workers in its day , but now the site is flattened..
 Bugle
 As I walked past this bush a bird shot out looking down to see this nest , I took one quick photo then retraced my steps and went another way ... Whitethroat  I think
 Common Star Of Bethlehem  a new plant for me a naturalized garden escape.

 A Soldier beetle
 Large red Damselfly , there where lots of damsels in the long grass, feeding up as is this one on a species of Crane Fly  a sizeable prey for a Damselfly
 Wall Browns very common
 Drinker Moth Caterpillar
Wasp paper nest hard to believe a small insect could make this about the size of a Tangerine

No comments: