Search This Blog

Thursday 16 June 2011

Colour Ringed Spoonbill

I have received information re Colour Ringed Spoonbill Druridge Pools 2-6-2011 I had recorded the rings wrongly the combination is Left  :- RED over/LIME GREEN over/ YELLOW , Right  : - LIME GREEN (flagged)over /RED over / Metal   ( I had recorded yellow)  The first thing I looked for as these birds dropped in was any rings ,none could be seen they must have been hidden by feathering, I failed to get the combination on photographs  which I like to check as mistakes are easily recorded.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Working group Spoonbills International
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
species :Eurasian Spoonbill (Platalea leucorodia leucorodia) ref: 6158/121850
colourrings :RLY/LfRa ringing place:D Schleswig-Holstein, Oland 5441N-0843E
metalringnr :DEW 252919 ringing age :nestling
ringing date:30-05-08 sexe :unknown ringer:Klaus Gunther

The rest of the information apparently I need permission to publish

No comments: