Search This Blog

Sunday 10 April 2011

Shorelark,Avocets and Merlin 6-4-11


Wednesday the 6th I was going up to the Cresswell area anyway but the note of some Avocets around was a bonus , I was told the Shorelark was still showing at Druridge and a guy even offered me a lift despite having just come from there , so thanks for that,the bird was indeed showing well so rather than push it off I sat down and hoped it would work its way nearer, but other birders arrived and it kept its distance. Plenty of Skylarks and Meadow pipits around ,Wheatears also on the move I had 12 on the way back to Cresswell, Yellow Wagtail in the cattle field just north of the pond, 5 Pieds and 2 White Wagtails, I had seen no sign of the Avocets but there calling as they flew in allowed me to get a couple of shots they dropped on the pool but left , heading back to the village a Male Merlin shot along the dunes nice end to the day and some good birds for my Birder on the Bus list, even though I had missed two buses  back home !!!!
 While hoping for the bird to come nearer took a couple of digishots
 I have overexposed this one pity as it is not a bad shot
This was a smart bird I got a couple of others with the camera which I will use as a header


 Yellow Wagtail Cresswell
 One of  12 Wheatears along the coast from Druridge to Cresswell


Two of the Avocets I think 8 reported at one point

No comments: