Search This Blog

Friday 15 April 2011

Black Scoter Bamburgh 15-4-11

A very early start today headed up to Bamburgh for the Black Scoter  I didn't think it would have gone but thought there might be a few up for it ,picked it out straight away in with 170 Scoter  the light very dull but it was still early, as more birders arrived I headed off for a walk along to the outflow of Budle Bay  20+ Fulmars at the old Quarry ,about 100 Sand martins over the Golf Course near  hill top , Willow Warbler singing and my first Grasshopper warbler of the year  got a couple of shots before it stopped singing, 2 Yellowhammers, many Meadow Pipits and Linnets, no Stonechats although I did not go to far into the Gorse area. I was looking for my wide angle lens to get a shot of Budle Bay and realised I had lost it checked all over the area I had been sitting , re traced my steps and low and behold there it was on the lying on  beach and all after a couple of hours ,good job it was quiet and in a bag. The weather had not improved it was supposed to be sun , sun ,sun, tried to get some more digi of the Scoter as they had come in reasonably close very difficult to locate then get the camera on it , a few  Red Breasted Mergansers North, couple of Long tailed Ducks, and for me only one Red throated Diver, 42 Purple Sandpipers on the rocks at high tide.
I was  amused by a group that pulled up and they all scanned the sea  looking via the windscreen with bins,............and the sea was probably all you would see !!!
 Only some poor digi shots for me , could have done much better if the sun was out !
 Grasshopper warbler
 Bamburgh early morn a small group of birders in the left corner
 Mares tail ?
 Grasshopper Warbler giving me a real song
 Budle Bay from the edge of the Golf Course
 I forget what these are for now
 Another digi shot
Another I can't quite remember will get the books out 1

No comments: