Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Swallow,Holywell, Blyth Harbour.

!6th February had a run to Swallow Pond  for a change of venue with reports of Mealies in with the Redpolls  it was a nice sunny day  which had brought out people in  numbers , the only sighting I had of  Redpolls was a flock that circled over the track then headed back west, so I headed off for the quieter  site of Hollywell Pond which was very quiet , so to take advantage of the light I thought I would head for the harbour again , not many gulls around , but the Snow Buntings still present sitting on the security fence their favourite perch, they where obliging enough to sit around so I took a few shots, thats my header  for next month sorted..
 The only two photos I got at Swallow Pond this one has a twig in front, and the frenetic Long Tailed , but I do like that face , cute or what !!!!!



 That does not look like a comfortable perch  does it !!!
 Trying to sport the Waxwing look .
Its been great to have these around for the Winter ,they brighter up any slow day .


4 comments:

Birding about Northumberland said...

Excellent photo's, they cheered me up no end
Michelle

Northumbrian Birding said...

Hi Michelle ,Yes birding is like that,it can brighten up any day !
Brian

enfp said...

You're right about that face, it really is cute, thanks for the lovely photos.

Northumbrian Birding said...

Thanks G sometimes they do not comes out as hoped but still have something to offer.
Brian