Search This Blog

Thursday 11 November 2010

Squacco........My Snaps !!!!


Started the day off with a quick look at the sea from Seaton Sluice it had flattened off amazingly but the sun was so bright a group of Scoter & Eider was all I had ,called at St Mary's Island only a few Goldcrests around so I headed back to Morpeth for another try for the Squacco..................boy did it show well giving great views as it fed in the shallows, it seemed to have no problem getting fish the water was not as high on Monday but now a large shallow area with some good cover was its preferred area, the sun was very strong it was a problem to get the right exposure. Mid afternoon it started to fly up and down river  even coming over to land just below the wall a great bird giving us all a good show 
I must have taken loads of shots like this 
                                        
 Not in focus at all this shot but I do like the pose  !!!!
 Off on one of it's flights down stream
 Dropping in with the Mallards
 I think these are set on auto .........and the guys have gone off to the pub !!!!

 Another couple as it drops in on the far bank !!

No comments: