Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Name That Bird..............!!!!


Tuesday I called at Cresswell , huge number of Wigeon & Teal present , Long Tailed Duck, Scaup, and 4 mergansers present also about 5-6 Goldeneye Water Rail calling  c80 Dunlin dropped in with 2 Knot 85 Curlew and 2 bar Tailed Godwit, good light in between heavy showers , Barn Owl showed briefly till more heavy rain not a bad couple of hours actually apart from no photos I do not have a Digiscope camera now going to have to get one for those longer shots etc:, today sorting through my stuff on the computer I came across this, it was a card I  got sent , most are easy but one still eludes me , so I thought I would include here to make up for lack of photos of aforementioned birds ,but only one of these where seen at Cresswell 

6 comments:

Birding about Northumberland said...

Hmm tricky one this....I have all of them except Number 7, will keep trying though.

Northumbrian Birding said...

Blast it the one I was stuck on was so easy in the end, I was over thinking it !!!!
Brian

The Liverbirder said...

4 & 6 are perplexing me a bit!

Northumbrian Birding said...

Michelle ,just say what you see !!!

Gordon, You where perplexed by the same 2 as me ,so we are on a par when it comes to the dimension of the proverbial piece of short wood !!

Andy Black , Did you get one too !!!

The Liverbirder said...

4 came yesterday in a flash of dog walk-related inspiration, but 6 is still vexing me.

Northumbrian Birding said...

Have to agree 6 had me stumped ,I tried to be to clever .
Brian