Search This Blog

Saturday 3 July 2010

Sunny Days.........30-6-10



Not much new for me in the past few days spent a day along the coast Dragonfly activity was minimal checked a few sites which all takes time, Emperors at every location but always on the wing & 4 Black Tailed Skimmers at Woodhorn stopped on the way past QE2 lake single Common Sandpiper on to Cresswell & Druridge then ended up at East Chevington took my seat ,scope & tripod down to the south hide and was going to sit there for a few hours , just a single Roseate , amongst the Terns & 5-6 1st Summer Arctic, single wader in the form of Summer Dunlin, as I sat waiting for birds to drop in I could feel my eye & head pressing into the scope eyepiece , cripes !!! I was falling asleep shook myself and tried again but after a few more minutes I was nodding off again............. so if that Bridled Tern had dropped back in or anything else for that matter,I would have missed it

Betony
Black tailed Skimmer

My first Ringlet of the year but I saw many by the end of the day
Five Spot Burnett Moth only a couple but I'm sure by now there will be many

1 comment:

sebi_2569 said...

nice blog and nice photo; bravo