Search This Blog

Thursday 1 April 2010

Sunday 28th Gosforth Park...clocks go forward


Sunday 28th the clocks go forward giving us more daytime to go out and find them birds , I sort of went out but shopping as well as walking around Gosforth park, I took the camera with me as I now must take it everywhere in case I miss something , Long-tailed Tits by the car , Great and Blue Tits along the track singing Wrens , Chaffinch, a Great Spotted Woodpecker , 2 Lesser black Backs on a small pool, Woodcock flushed a couple of Nuthatch and 4 Roe Deer, Only two Little Grebes that I could see on one of the main pools , I need to get a key for the hides, a couple of Jays , but no Chiffs anywhere, lots of water lying , pleasant walk with only a couple of slight showers I think the blustery wind kept most of the rain at bay , also stopped at the garden centre for a few Oxygenating plants but at £9.50 I thought I would look elsewhere !!!!

Gosforth Park is a reserve of The Natural History Society Of Northumbria details of membership can be found here http://www.nhsn.ncl.ac.uk/ ,with lectures and outdoor meetings in all aspects of natural history , well worth the annual membership fee.



Interesting Woodpecker nest hole showing its construction, thats a lot of hammering

No comments: