Search This Blog

Thursday 8 April 2010

7th April More petrol and a few more miles.



Another run up the coast ,the Whitefronts still at Woodhorn with Greylag & a couple of Pinkfeet ,stopped at Snab Point for a check of the sea then on to Cresswell Little Ringed Plover still present but took some finding as it was out of sight for awhile ,I hung around to see if anything would drop in then moved on to Eshott/Shaw to look for the Crane stopping at West Chevington but no Buzzards in the air, nor any sign of the Crane (report of one at Tweedmouth) plenty of very large Hares and 10 Roe Deer, I think this is a Roe Deer Skeleton but I was puzzled by the hair colour which looks very grey, I just took a couple of shots but should have looked at it closer.
Headed back to east Chevington a single Short-eared Owl ended the day.
Splash of colour with this Coltsfoot
LRP digiscoped
This looks like a Roe Deer to me although I think some parts are missing
The lower jaw just out of shot
A Short -eared owl at the South Pool and a few shots stacked together

No comments: