Search This Blog

Thursday 15 January 2009

14-1-09 Tick hungry Twitcher

With my New Year list up and running I thought of where I could get some ticks , so it was off for some target ticks, starting with Willow Tit and Jack Snipe, and to the car park at Whitley to check for the Med Gull which was still there, then down to St Marys island for the Brent Geese, Purple Sandpiper ( 20 ), Water Pipit, and with it a Grey Wagtail, I had not put down Rock Pipit either so the ticks where coming thick and fast, but then don't they always at the start of the year, anyway it was a pleasant day sunny for most of the day, the only shots I got of the WP ended up deleted, but there is always another day.
Blogger ''Tyne to Tweed '' also at St Mary's
Using the County checklist I am now on..................... 91































Following in the steps of a Blogger, in this case..................Tyne to Tweed

Barn Owl, Scaup, Red Breasted Mergansers, Teal ,Wigeon, Tufted, Mallard, Goldeneye, Pinkfeet Geese, Greylag Geese, Stonechat, Kestrel, Sparrowhawk, Heron, Oystercatcher, Dunlin, Redshank, Mute Swan, Shellduck, Black- Headed Gull, Common Gull, Herring Gull ,Curlew, Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Coot, Purple Sandpiper, Water Pipit, Mediterranean Gull, Sanderling, Dunlin, Turnstone, Brent Geese, Redshank, Rock Pipit,







4 comments:

Blyth Birder said...

I'm flirting with keeping a Northumberland year list but so far its appalling.

Need to get my skates on pronto to start picking up some winter ticks before the bugger off.

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian, Was the colour ringed Sanderling photographed at St Mary's today? It was ringed in Iceland in May 2007. If you can let me have the details i'll let the ringers know!

Cheers

Ian

Northumbrian Birding said...

BB. 75 so far , those White Fronts, and Waxwings seem to have gone and that Bean Goose I saw everywhere has also gone.

IF. Sanderling @ St Mary's 14-1-09

Northumbrian Birding said...

I checked my list as 75 did not seem much so using the County checklist it is now 91, Great & Little Bustard are going to be right Bustards to get, and I also see Oven Ready Turkey is not on , so that one doesn't count either.
Brian