Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 September 2008

12-09-08 Bluethroat


I went over for the Bluethroat reported at Cambois ,to be told I had missed it by a couple of minutes, I hung around and had a couple of glimpses of the bird but the cover was so thick it was mission impossible so no tick for me, Pied Fly & Willow Warbler ( the only bird I got a shot of ) I checked out the area for awhile but nothing exciting, then decided to go to Newbiggin to check out the seawatching, I usually give it at least an hour, but not having my seat I ended up on a small piece of wood balanced on a rock, anyway I must be getting soft as after 1/2 an hour I'd had enough.

20+30 Wigeon

20,15,1 Common Scoter

15 Teal

1 Velvet Scoter

1 Arctic Skua

A couple of large logs looking like Minkie Whale had me going for awhile

No comments: