Search This Blog

Saturday 22 March 2008

22-03-08 Iceland

Saturday the wind seemed to have eased somewhat but with flurries of snow and sleet ,I headed up to have another look at the Cranes calling at Castle Island not much on show gave it a good scan from the hill and moved on to Longhirst flash plenty of gulls along the edge put I think I flushed them putting up my scope, I had to sit in the car for 10 mins while it bleached down with snow, but the sun came out and I had a good look around ,Teal, Wigeon, Shellduck, and Gadwall, but nothing out of the ordinary in the gulls , so off to Linton a tree down across the path , it absolutely heaved it down thankfully its not lying, a Glaucous on show , followed later by an Adult Iceland Gull and another Glaucous, Shoveller in good number with a count of 22, still Goldeneye, Tufted, Teal about 30 Wigeon, and the usual honkers, no sign of the Cranes on the way back, but about 30+ Pied Wagtails in the west end of the field.
Adult Iceland,digiscoped
Adult Iceland,digiscoped
Not the clearest of shots but it does show how "clean" they are, Stunners I think
now where is that Adult Glaucous ????
Second of the Glaucous gulls

No comments: