Search This Blog

Saturday 29 December 2007

Pomarine Skua from November

19=11-07 On the way home from seawatching I passed this bird in the central reservation of the dual carriageway beside Blyth Cemetery it was feeding on the carcass of a Black Headed Gull not sure if it had killed it but I think not,the weather was poor with a heavy overcast with light rain so the light was rubbish, I got some shots before it eventually flew of NW first time I have seen a Skua so close and having limited literature on them I have had to look at the net, I think it is a Juvenile/1st Winter dark phase Pomarine Skua











2 comments:

Blyth Birder said...

Excellent photos.

I must pay more attention to that central reservation in future

Northumbrian Birding said...

Yes I was passing a bus at the time and saw it out the corner of my eye, and thought what the **** was that,down to the roundabout and back up and around again, and yes ther it was.