Search This Blog

Thursday 1 November 2007

31-10-07 The last of October

It's rather quiet bird wise of late another run to Cresswell to see how they where getting on with the new hide, the old one was gone just leaving the posts but that' as far as it goes, very strong west wind crossing the pond so after a quick look went further along huge flock of Pinkfeet in the road side field picked out a collared bird PFB I'm sure I had that last year.
On to Druridge Pools again the Otter showed at the east side harder to pick out in the choppy water ,just sat there for awhile getting a couple of digiscoped shots then I decided to walk along to East Chevington via the track a party of 8 Grey Partridge where walking towards me along a grass track they lifted and flew over , a couple of Stonechats , and Pied Wagtails with a flock of about Goldfinch was all I had ,at East Chev went along the south end of the south pool but as soon as I came into the open everything lifted even though they where a long way off, Whooper Swan overhead as I walked back in the fading light .

Crop of above with Collared PFB

Digiscoped shots from the pools


Whoopers over in the fading light

No comments: