Search This Blog

Thursday 28 June 2007

26-27-06-07 Seawatch

Just spent my time this week doing some sea watching not huge movements but did get a couple of Pomerine Skua and Storm Petrel from Seaton Sluice in between the heavy showers, lots of gulls still feeding on Pipe Fish I saw a couple just pick them off the surface, some seem to swallow with ease and others fly around with a section sticking out only a small amount of Manx but I never get tired of seeing them, I have caught them with a hand net many years ago as them came in to land on Bardsey pitch black night to help hide their approach its spooky as you can hear them call and suddenly they come in from the black sky, one bird had a ring that was so worn it had to be replaced if my memory is correct it was ringed about thirty years before and had not been retrapped
Arctic Skua



No comments: