Search This Blog

Saturday 3 February 2007

02-02-07 Washington Wildfowl Trust

It was an open day at Washimgton W T so I had a drive over and went down to the feeding station about 30 Bullfinch showing very well,Willow Tit,Cole Tits,and the usual extras with Sparowhawk coming through ,I am not a great fan of these collections so I resisted the temptation of photographing the likes of Buflehead & Smew even though they where so close,there are some stunning birds but can't help but think they look much better in the wild, Eiders in a muddy pool look out of place.

The sight that attracted me over was the walk down to see 500+ Curlew come down to the pool just before sunset the most I have seen together,Herons are busy nesting building here also,on leaving I had a little more respect for the aims of the WWT their site at Caerlaverock is fantastic.




No comments: